Why Trusting Yourself Is the Hardest Part of Manifestation
When it comes to manifestation, trusting yourself is the hardest part. So many of us are used to going, going, going and doing, doing, doing. We're used to being in control and taking action. But when it comes to manifestation, we have to learn to let go and trust that things will work out. This can be a difficult thing for many of us, especially when we're feeling down or uncertain. But the truth is that if we want to see our manifestations come true, we have to learn how to trust ourselves.
NOTE: I will be using the terms masculine and feminine. The use of these terms is not meant to offend but I willingly use these terms because just like no one is all good or all bad, we all engage in both masculine and feminine energies, as well as nonbinary energies.
"Getting Things Done" by David Allen was a life changing book. This post is not about that book (which if you haven't read it and struggle to get things done, it's a really good one... but so is my book "Get Unstuckable" 😜) but it is about how the mindset of needing to be productive is behind the struggles many people face when it comes to manifesting and achieving their goals.
I'm all for a solid strategy and framework (I have developed some and teach them in all of my programs) but they aren't the end all be all and when we try to make them that, it's a recipe for disaster.
Being highly productive, at least according to society's standards, is a form of masculine energy. Masculine energy is all about doing, taking action, and being in control. It's about getting things done. And it's a very valuable energy to have when it comes to achieving goals in the physical world.
However, just like one needs to both breathe in and breathe out, when it comes to manifestation, we need feminine energy too. Feminine energy is all about receptivity and allowing things to happen. And unfortunately, feminine energy is often seen as being less valuable than masculine energy. This is especially true in our culture where the "masculine" approach to life is highly prized and rewarded.
The problem is that when it comes to manifestation, you can't have one without the other. You can't just take action and expect things to happen. And you can't just sit back and wait for things to come to you. You need both energies working together in order to manifest your desires.
And this is where many people get stuck. They try to manifest their desires using only masculine energy and they quickly find themselves struggling. This is because without the feminine energy of receptivity and allowing, it's very difficult to create anything lasting or substantial.
The thing is, you can't allow and receive without trust. And that's the hard part for so many of us.
When we spend too much time in creating masculine energy, we can become unbalanced. We can lose touch with our intuition and our ability to trust ourselves. We can also become disconnected from our feelings and from the people around us.
How can you start to trust yourself so you can manifest easier?
Trust in yourself comes when you integrate your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies with your inner wisdom.
I discovered a process while working through my own traumas and with my clients for the last several years. It came as no surprise when I only just recently (as in just now as I was doing a little research before I began writing this blog post) learned that this concept was taught a few thousand years ago in yoga philosophy known as Pancha Kosha.
In Pancha Kosha they use slightly different terms but they correlate with the terms I use:
- Annamaya Kosha (Physical body) = Physical
- Pranamaya Kosha (Energetic field) = Emotional
- Manomaya Kosha (Daily Mind, Emotions, Feelings) = Mental
- Vijananamaya Kosha (Wisdom body) = Inner Wisdom
- Ananadamaya Kosha (The Bliss body) = Spiritual
Tips to integrate physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies
- Physical - Support yourself physically. Yes, you need to eat well, sleep enough, drink water, and move your body. If tackling all areas of physical health at once feels overwhelming, start by setting a timer to incorporate a break where you get up and stretch. By choosing to take care of yourself by moving your body, you integrate your physical body with your inner wisdom.
- Emotional - Emotions reside in your body so you will need to learn how to recognize the emotions that your body is releasing. One of my favorite embodiment practices is to breath and notice how long it takes for me to breathe in and breathe out. By taking a moment to notice your breath you are integrating your inner wisdom and your emotional body.
- Mental - Feelings are the thoughts we have created about the emotions our bodies are experiencing. I don't know a single person that doesn't have a racing mind (I'm sure the Dali Lama has gotten that under control but I don't know him). Whenever you are feeling anxious while waiting for something to manifest, notice what you're actually feeling anxious about. Take a moment or two to write it out. When you write you allow your inner wisdom to connect with your mental body.
- Spiritual - Whatever your beliefs are there is an energy that flows through your body and connects each and everyone of your cells together instantly (this is called quantum entanglement if you want to go do some more research on this). You have access to this energy at any moment in time and this is the energy of manifestation. It is the hardest energy to explain using the science available so it requires a tremendous amount of trust. To allow your manifestations to come to fruition you must trust that this energy exists and you must trust that you have the ability to use it.
- Inner Wisdom - Intuition is the gift of your inner wisdom. Intuition is your inner wisdom's way of communicating with you. Intuition takes different forms. For some it feels like a quick gut feeling, some will feel a pull in their belly, or tingles, or a sense of well being when they think about something. I personally ascribe to your inner wisdom's authority as found in Human Design because I have seen time and time again when people learn to cultivate their Human Design authority that their life becomes easier.
When you learn to trust your intuition, it becomes easier to trust yourself. When you trust yourself, you achieve your goals. When you trust yourself, you manifest quickly.